Friday, October 28, 2011

What Motivates Me!!

God Himself is a great Motivator in my life. I read this story from my aunt's religious book and whenever i lose hope in life i always refer to it. This story infuses strenth in me to conitnue living my life with hope. It goes:
One night a man/woman had a dream that he was
walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each
scene, he noticed two sets
of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, the
other belonging to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the
footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times
along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints, and that it
happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in his life...

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord
about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But during the most troublesome times in my like,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I Love
you, (Name), and I would never
leave you. During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of
footprints, it was then that I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment